Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMYK screen print separation re color?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

I have 4 black and white images from an old screen print CMYK separation. Does anyone know how to or have any tips about getting the acurate CMYK colors put back into each layer in photoshop? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Yup, and it will have to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of putting the cart before the horse, what are the actual output conditions defined by a CMYK profile do you have that? 

And, when you say "4 black and white images from an old screen print" what exactly are you referring to, four grayscale images  you can load into Photoshop? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are scans from paper films made a long time ago for screen printing. I have scanned them back in and removed the white from the image in photoshop. Now I have black versions of the 4 CMYK channel layers. 

What I am left with is 4 black ink images with halftones that in screen printing would make the full color image. 

I'm trying to put the accurate colors back into each layer so I have a digital full color image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not going to happen. For so many reasons. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way, the color overlay effect is getting me there just a bit fiddly.  ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accurate CMYK colour? No. Acceptable or pleasing? Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, and it will have to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines