• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color and color ast correction

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paln to take a Photoshop course very soon, but in the interim and as a complete novice, I need help. I have a series a photos that suffer from the same color issues that have a purplish cast and distorted marron color. How can I fix this and save the adjustments for use on the series of photos? Help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022
Thanks so much for the instruction, it'll help tremendously with the batch
correction of multiple images. I certainly need more experience in learning
the proper selection and use of tools and adjustment layers... a little
bit at a time; more tutorials..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

To me, your sample looks like it has slightly green skin tones. After backing the green off in a Levels adjustment layer, the white jerseys [Go Wildcats!] are still a tad cyan, but you definitely don't want to knock those over to pinkish.

It is also possible that the purple vs maroon team colors could unduly influence one's view of the color. I start by concentrating on good skin tones and neutral blacks. If they look wrong, the picture looks wrong.

[EDIT] My first go-round was using Levels, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these raw camera file formats such as CR2, NEF, ORF, ARW etc? Or are the images pre-rendered files such as JPEG or HEIC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the images are tiffs that were shot with an old Nikon D-100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have access to the raw files, then you will have to make do with the rendered data.

1) You can use tried and true "old-school" colour correction methods such as setting neutral white point, black point levels/curves and or adjusting using other methods, which can be recorded into an Action for Batch application to all images (presuming lighting does not vary greatly between shots).

2) Or you can use either Adobe Camera Raw to open all of the TIFF files and apply the same white balance and or other adjustment settings to all selected images in the filmstrip (open the images from Bridge using CMD/CTRL R) but you may need to set your Camera Raw file handling preferences to support TIFF files.

3) Another option is to record the Camera Raw Filter in Photoshop and batch apply to all images using a Batch Action. 

As you are a novice, I'd suggest that you go with option 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the instruction, it'll help tremendously with the batch
correction of multiple images. I certainly need more experience in learning
the proper selection and use of tools and adjustment layers... a little
bit at a time; more tutorials..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there are many ways to fix them as it is asked before first it needs to have a good camera then which file format you have then photoshop filters or image adjustments can help you...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all tiffs which was shot with what was then a good camera, the first digital offering - a Nikon D100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, your sample looks like it has slightly green skin tones. After backing the green off in a Levels adjustment layer, the white jerseys [Go Wildcats!] are still a tad cyan, but you definitely don't want to knock those over to pinkish.

It is also possible that the purple vs maroon team colors could unduly influence one's view of the color. I start by concentrating on good skin tones and neutral blacks. If they look wrong, the picture looks wrong.

[EDIT] My first go-round was using Levels, but using Curves, you can tone down the mid-tone greensbut add a [very] little green to the shadows to clean them up, while leaving the blacks un touched.

One problem that might arise at a sports event might be the quality of the lighting, but so many venues these days are set up for TV, so that shouldn't be a concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! I'll give your suggestions a try, I really needed the more pointed kind of tool and setting suage tips you included.

Best,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines