• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color change with imported PNG

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a logo in the design application Canva and exported it as a PNG.

When I open it in PS, the colors shift. For example, in the attached file, the word "Consulting" should be the same yellow as the box (I created the yellobox in a seperate PS file and copy/pasted it into the imported Canva created PNG file). 

My color profile in PS is set to sRGB IEC61996-2.2.

I've also imported the Canva file as a PDF with the same color shifting result.

Can someone explain what might be going on?

Thank you -- Patrick 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post meaningful screenshots of both images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is canva color managed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the exported PNG from Canva have an embedded color profile? If so what was it?

In your colour settings is "Preserve Embedded Profiles" checked?

Is Canva color managed?  In a colour managed application, like Photoshop, the application uses the monitor colour profile to translate the colour RGB values in the document and display them accurately on your monitor, provided that the monitor profile in your system is accurate. A none colour managed application will just send the untranslated RGB numbers direct to the monitor and therefore display inaccurately.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies.

I've attached 3 new screenshots.

The PS screenshot of "Color" was created in Canva with hex code #D4AF37. It was saved as a PNG. According to Mac screenshot, the color space is RGB and the color profile is sRGB IEC61966-2.1.  It was opened in PS with embedded profiles preserved. In the status bar the document profile is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (8bpc). 

I've also included screenshots of the PS color picker showing "Color" has changed to #FFB500 once opened in PS. 

Another color picker screenshot shows the hex code of #D4AF37 for the yellow box.  I created this yellow box in another PS file and copy and pasted into the "Color" file. "Color" should be the same hex code - #D4AF37.

I'm not sure if Canva is a color managed or not. Nor do I really understand color management, to be honest. What I can say is the hex code #D4AF37 appears the same in the Canva application, or when saved as a PNG and opened on my Macbook Pro. The only time it appears different -- and the hex code changes -- is when it is opened in PS. 

Finally -- and I'm not sure if this is applicable or not, but today I calibrated both my 2018 Macbook Pro with retina display and my external LG 27UD88 monitor with a Datacolor SpyderX. Here are the post calibration settings:

MacBook Retina display: 100% sRGB, 88% of NTSC, 90% of Adobe RGB, and 100% of P3.

LG 27UD88 display: 100% of sRGB, 76% of NTSC, 81% of Adobe RGB, and 83% of P3. 

Thanks again for any help! - Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines