Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Changing when Place Link AI file to Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to add photoshop touches to an illustrator file. I'm finding an issue whenever I hit 'place linked' and select the file that after photoshop renders it, the colors aren't matching. In illustrator the drawing has a blue tint to all the linework, but after I place linked in photoshop, the whole file becomes more black and white. Does this have to do with the color managing in photoshop? Please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you matching your document color profiles between the apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure. How do I check if I've done that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, the profiles don't need to match, they just have to be there. As long as there is a profile, the colors will be defined and always correctly handled by both applications.

In other words, one or both your files are untagged, without an embedded profile. Never work with untagged files.

Set the status bar lower left to permanently show the document profile. That's vastly more useful than the default document size display anyway. This way you always know at a glance:

Photoshop

photoshop.png

Illustrator

illustrator_2.png

If there is no embedded profile, it will show as "untagged". Then you need to assign the one you have set as working space in Color Settings. That's the one Photoshop will have used temporarily to display the image when open, so if you use that, you shouldn't see any color changes from what you're used to seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines