• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Effex Pro 4 Batch Processing Applies Filter Twice

Contributor ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I'm on Windows 10, most recent version of Nik, most recent version of PS. 

I created an action for Color Effex but when I run it on my folder of images it applies the filter twice to every image. 

When I apply the same filter to a single image, no problem, runs as normal.

I ran an action and batch processed with Silver Effex a couple of days ago, no problem. 

I've checked my program files and there are no duplicates that I can see. 

The curious thing is, the second application of the filter is on the same layer as the first application (I've had this issue before, and usually the second application is on a new layer). And, as stated, this does not happen when I process an individual image, only when batch processing.

Any ideas out there? I really need this to work.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rebuilding your action from scratch to see if the issue continues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many, many times, with various open options and save options. Uninstall Nik, reinstall many times. Reboot many times. I have had some back and forth with DXO, am now waiting to hear back from them with analysis of my diagnostics report.

In the meantime, I did figure out a work-around. I figured since the filter was being applied twice, why not get the image the way I like it, then cut all the parameters in half, for example if 50% glow looks good in Glamour Glow, set it at 25%, same for saturation, etc. Voila! Works fine. Also cutting the opacity in half during the recording of the action works the same. Yeah, I'd like it to work the way it's supposed to, and maybe it will someday, but for now, this works. I should also add that I only encounter the problem in Color Effex Pro4 - all filters - but not in Viveza or Silver Effex. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully Nik responds with some help. Definitely sounds like a plugin specific issue an not your action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines