Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color fill in Photoshop for iPad

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

TL;DR - How can I change the "color fill" color?

Just yesterday I purchased my iPad Pro and immediately installed Photoshop, instantly transferred my PSD project from my iMac and started working, but I ran into my first wall… my layers consist of many "Color Fill"s since I am colorizing an old black and white photo, and I just couldn't change the fill color in my layer, whatever I tried it just doesn't seem to respond.

What am I doing wrong?  how do I change the color inside my solid color layer?
In the meantime I am using Sidecar and working on the desktop version of Photoshop.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paint bucket tool - also you can change the hue with adjustment layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really working if you are using a solid colour fill on a group made of small lines or tiny elements...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you find a solution to. Your issue? I am having the same problem... thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Wise Community,

I am trying to use latest version of Photoshop on IPad Pro 12.9 .

I have some files which have a COLOUR FILL adjustment (they are grids for calendar months) and I need to change the SOLID COLOUR FILL to a different hue. I can't find a way...any tips? I don't think bucket fill works ,as in the grid I have lots of single tiny elements...

THANKYOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am waiting for the answer also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I selected a part of the color I want to replace, then I clicked on the three dots at the bottom where it says MORE and chose "Select Similar". All the parts of the image with that same color were instantly in selection.

I chose the foregraound color to be the color I wanted to replace it with, then used the shortcut key Option+Delete to fill my selection with the foreground color.

If you are talking about changing a color of a t-shirt that has shadows on it - you will want to use a mask technique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines