Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color is off in Photoshop print dialog compared to original working image

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm haveing a hard time trying to figure out why my print preview as well as my prints are so far off from the original working image even when my monitor is profiled and I'm using Espon paper, printer and profiles. I have soft proofed the image to the Epson Paper and nothing appears to be out of gamut.

I have attached a few images so you can see the difference in the images. The more saturated image is the working image while the less saturated image is from Photoshop's print preview. 

I'm working in Prophoto RGB 16 bit color space. 

Mac OS 11.2.3

Photoshop 22.5

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 3.15.48 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-14 at 3.14.26 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 3.15.34 PM.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't seem right. Could you please try updating Photoshop to version 22.5.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Also, please try selecting Photoshop manages color in the print dialog and let us know if it makes a difference.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. I've updated to the latest version of Photoshop but the problem stil persists. I've attched a screenshot of to the Photoshop window next to the print preview window so you can see the difference that is hapening. AGain, I have soft proofed the image and nothing appear out of gamut. Photoshop is is managing the colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines