• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color lost when printing in PDF and JPEG

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo of an electrical label that has black text on a light gray (dbddd0) background. I have saved it as a PSD, PDF, and JPEG. When looking at all three format on the computer in their respective viewers the gray background is in tact and everything appears correct. If I print the PSD everything prints correctly. If I print the JPEG or PDF, however, the gray color is completely lost, even if printed through photoshop. The grey background is not actually the background layer, and some of the black text is part of the same layer but that part prints correctly. I tried replacing the lightly colored gray wih just a flat grayscale gray but had the same issue. I then tried replacing the gray with full black and that worked for some reason so it seems like its just my printer not wanting to print the gray but I've tried it on another, completely different, printer with the same outcome. The only other issue I can think of is the PDS I used is quite old, 2013, and maybe there is some weird compatibility issue. Any help would be much appreciated, I am sending the files to someone who doesn't have photoshop for printing, which is why I I am hoping to get these to work with the JPEG or PDF.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post meaningful screenshots. 

You forgot to mention the print settings you chose. 

The age of the psd is not relevant and what could it even matter when you save a jpg-copy off of it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines