Color managment

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help. Evertime I export my photos from photoshop, they are different when viewed on other devices. For example, my photos look exactly how I want them to look in photoshop, but once I export, (using export settings: JPEG, 100 or 85% quality, convert to sRGB, and embed color profile, done both ways) and download to my wix website or upload to my facebook page, on mobile phones the pictures look darker and tones look deeper. I've played around with my settings so much im stuck and don't know what to do! Need help ASAP! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem, as usual, isn't color management, but absence of color management.

It's true that most phones nowadays have a rudimentary form of color management, in the sense that document profiles are respected and converted into a one size fits all for screen, so that it looks roughly right. But to get accurate color and tone, you need a calibrator. That's not to adjust the screen, as most people think, but to write a monitor profile that describes the screen, based on actual measurement. This is what is used in a properly color managed pipeline. And phones don't do that.

All that said, it's always possible that you have a defective/corrupt/inaccurate monitor profile. If the profile is wrong, Photoshop displays wrong. If you're not using a calibrator, you'll probably get monitor/laptop manufacturer profiles, distributed through Windows Update. These profiles are very often bad in various ways.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines