• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color picker allows me to choose a color but only results in grey scale

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the color picker tool seemingly fine when choosing a color to use. However, whether or not I'm using the paintbrush or the paint bucket tool and whether or not I've selected the foregorund or background color, the resulting color when applied to the piece is always a grey-scale representation of the inital color I selected. I've messed around with the layers of my image and restarted both photoshop and my computer, but no luck so far. I'm working with Photohshop 21.0.2 Release on a Mac with with OS Monterey if those are helpful too.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gzhgg would it be possible for you to share some screenshots of what you are seeing? 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This document has layers right? If you try this with a document that has no layers, any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines