• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color picker problem - I cant pick black or white color anymore

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With new 2018 version of Photoshop I cant pick #FFF or #000 colors anymore......it is i very weird......

Here is screenshot....

Snaggy - easy screenshots

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

What happens if you click the circle left of »H«?

What happens when you click on the »#«-entry field?

With new 2018 version of Photoshop I cant pick #FFF or #000 colors anymore

Why would you want to?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj3Fyu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click the circle left of »H«?

What happens when you click on the »#«-entry field?

With new 2018 version of Photoshop I cant pick #FFF or #000 colors anymore

Why would you want to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, pressing the H helped, that is the same color picker I have before....

I need black and white because I use it all the time and I need shades of gray which i select with color picker on the left vertical edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry, I had misunderstood, I thought you wanted to enter the hex values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would like to know why this has changed. Previously white, black and grey colours showed up in the colour picker. Now it seems I can only select them via swatches - and the greys i want are not in any of the swatch colours. I used to like being able to go and try colours with the colour picker. Maybe I've changed something in settings without realising. Am curently using 2018 versions, can't update to newest till i upgrade Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, I hadn't read the post above, clicking the circle next to H worked, thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOREGROUND WEIRD COLOR.JPG

I'm having a similar issue with my colors! I don't have black whatsoever and I can't manage to figure how to change nor the foreground color, nor my color profile on my images! 

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I use HP Windows Desktop and my Photoshop version is 2021 (22.4.3) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My color picker looks the exact same!!!

Have not been able to figure the problem out. 

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case, I had changed my pc color profile at some point which when I had my photoshop acc. changed, the color presets changed with it. I thought first I needed to change something on Photoshop, but all I needed was to trace back my color profile on Control Panel > Color Management > Display 1: (pick your original display setting). 

Hope this gives you any light. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that screenshot shows a broken monitor profile.

If you're not using a calibrator to make your monitor profiles, you may get monitor/laptop manufacturer profiles distributed through Windows Update. These profiles are surprisingly often defective in various ways.

The real fix is a calibrator, but if you don't have one, sRGB IEC61966-2.1 is often close enough for non-critical use (and in any case better than a broken profile).

Photoshop has no influence on the monitor profile. It just uses whatever profile it gets from the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the answer. 

Ignore answers riffing on monitor calibration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines