Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color profile question

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I was trying to make a canvas print with the art I made in photoshop but when I uploaded it in PNG to the printers website it seems to change the color profile to sRGB from the imbedded adobe RGB. I asked their support if they accept adobe RGB and they said yes. So I guess my question is will it look like it does on photoshop with CMYK turned on in view as it will on a canvas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And proof colors is also turned on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see a color change, the Adobe RGB profile isnt honored. So they obviously don't have a properly color managed process.

The best you can do in that case is to send sRGB - but given that it isn't properly color managed, don't expect absolute accuracy.

There's no point in proofing. Turn it off. And CMYK is irrelevant, this is printed on inkjet printers, which are RGB devices expecting RGB data. CMYK is strictly for commercial offset print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I just wonder if it's just the website can't show it in Adobe RGB. But the support staff wasn't very helpful. I probably just keep looking for somewhere that will accept the correct color profile. Thank you for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print shop should provide YOU with the necessary color and print preset profile they require to match the paper and inks they use.  I usually submit high quality PDF to my print professional, not PNG or JPG.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Threes no point soft-proofing unless you are given the ICC profile for the output process. Also I agree with @D Fosse that it would be best to make the Adobe RGB to sRGB conversion yourself before sending. Maybe archive an original as Adobe RGB and make a copy, flatten any layers then convert to sRGB, resize if needed and sharpen. Then send 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to assign a sRGB profile but it still looks dull. I just made a new one and tried the original on my TV and it looks very bright but I wanted to up the ppi so I imported it into photoshop, changed the poi and saved as a copy to jpeg which is what it was originally and made sure the profile was checked and it's much duller on the TV then the original. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out. I was importing the image into Lightroom first then editing it in PS so that was assigned a different color profile. Then when I saved it and opened it on my tv or Apple Watch it didn't know what it was supposed to be. If I open the image in my files on my computer and select open with PS it will then be the correct color profile once I save it. 
Thanks to everyone who helped. 
It was just user error lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines