• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color variation

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an ecommerce website for entrance doors and I need to create loads of different colors from a handful of door images, because the base image is different for each style of door, how do I get exactly the same color for each style?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

A crude test: 

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.42.31.png

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.42.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post images (at least a couple of sample images). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see images attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ths case I would recommend neutralizing the door-elements in all images so that identical (Adjustment) Layers can have the (edit: more or less) same effect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A crude test: 

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.42.31.png

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.42.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c.pfaffenbichler,

Fantastic!! excatly what I was after. I should have explained that I am very new to photoshop....How would I start what you have recommended above?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need 

• a Layer Mask of the area that is intended to vary in color. 

Then you can use 

• Adjustment Layers to remove the Color (Hue/Saturation or Black & White for example) and 

• make them similar in brightness and ideally also in detail (Curves or Levels for example). 

After that you can use 

• Solid Color Layers or Adjustment Layers to colorize the door. 

It If the colors are all fairly similar in brightness it should not be that bad; but if you need to create very light and very dark color-variations those may need additional finagling to save at least some of the details and wood-structure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c.pfaffenbichler,

Thank you very much!!! you have been a great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome. 

I expect you might hit some issues, especially with very bright or dark colors; feel free to post here or, even better, start new threads if further questions arise. 

A new thread might attract the attention of other regulars who might have other approaches, maybe better ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c.pfaffenbichler,

Thank you for your help in the previous posts, I have a new question which is how do I move all the glass units to the left or right keeping everything else the same (Colour, shade etc), I have to do this with a large number of door styles as there are lots of glass options. Any help you can provide would be a great help.

4 Lite Centre Agate Grey 7038 Abstract copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First put the four glass elements on their own layer. Select them with your preferred selection tool, copy and paste. A paste operation will automatically paste to a new layer.

Then you need to fill the holes in the original layer. Keep the selection, and try Edit > Content Aware Fill. Touch up with clone stamp or healing brush if needed.

Now you can move them wherever you want with the move tool. Hold shift as you move to lock horizontal/vertical movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To illustrate @D Fosse ’s post: 

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13.07.18.pngScreenshot 2021-09-26 at 13.07.27.pngScreenshot 2021-09-26 at 13.07.42.png

Content Aware Fill might still benefit from some manual touch-up. 

And an aside: The beveled frames of the windows might benefit from a little additional »depth«. 

One could either try to salvage it from the original or, more »brutish«, apply a Layer Style. 

Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 13.11.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c.pfaffenbichler,

Thank you for your previous help it is really aprreciated!

I have a new question, I have numerous glass designs that I need to put in these doors and also have 24 different colours of doors, what is the easiest and fastest way to do this? 

There are 39 door styles, 24 colours, and 19 glass designs

I need to genereate 39x24x19=17,784 images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe data driven graphics suffice 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

but I would prefer using a custom Script. 

How is the file set up at current? 

Is the coloring done with a Solid Color Layer? 

Do all the doors and all the glass designs have the same exact pixel dimensions and resolutions, so they can be easily switched out in Smart Objects in a template file? 

Can you provide a couple of example files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3491.jpgI have attached snapshot, if you could please take a look as I'm pretty new to photoshop and any advice you can share is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for screenshots: 

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

To effectively switch elements in images they should be Smart Objects and the corresponding elements should have the same dimensions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, how do you create a smart object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fez24026100j2s7 wrote:

There are 39 door styles, 24 colours, and 19 glass designs

I need to genereate 39x24x19=17,784 images

If you had a layer structure with the elements created in 3 layer sets, then the following may be an option:

https://github.com/mechanicious/photoshopCompositionComposer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to add a colour picker to this action so the door centre piece matches the door colour. I have attached an image of what I need the door to be after the action has been played, also I have attached single door image before action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

And one of the fully expanded Action in the Actions Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'm trying to find a way to add a colour picker to this action so the door centre piece matches the door colour."
AFAIK, you can do this if that color will be in the same location every time (percentage wise), or if you can somehow make it fill a layer to sample from. In that case you set your ruler to percent before recording and record you using the eye dropper tool on it. For the dropper tool to record, you might need to activate Allow Tool Recording in the actions flyout. If that is greyed out, you might have to (temporarily?) remove the ScriptListener.8li plugin (if you had added that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines