Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color wheel in downloaded document brighter than normal

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've recently downloaded a document which I'd like to edit, though I have run into a problem I can't seem to find a solution for. The color wheel in the downloaded document is far brighter than the ones in documents I create myself, and while it seemed like a minor problem at first I quickly realized it also directly affected the colors used, making them appear far brighter than they should be. Down below are two images, the uppermost one is of a regular color wheel in a document I created, and the one below it is that of the color wheel in the document I am attempting to edit. In both images the same exact hex / RGB code has been input for comparison.

douglas255492002ocf_0-1659821717112.png

douglas255492002ocf_1-1659821891056.png

Is there any way to modify the color wheel so it behaves normally, or will I have to simply eyeball it?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

What is the embedded color profile in these documents? Check here:

notification_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Thank you very much, I managed to fix the problem by going into edit, color settings, enabling the two options pictured below, then re-opening the document.

douglas255492002ocf_0-1659827464033.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the embedded color profile in these documents? Check here:

notification_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked, and any regular document I create is marked with "Untagged RGB (8bpc)" meanwhile the document I am having trouble with is marked with "Custom RGB (8bpc)."

douglas255492002ocf_0-1659827037048.png

douglas255492002ocf_1-1659827069448.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually both files are problematic.. "Custom RGB" has no business here, and I suspect that profile is off any map. Untagged is always wrong.

The document profile should always be a standard color space: sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto, or perhaps Image P3. Anything else should be converted into one of those for any further handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I managed to fix the problem by going into edit, color settings, enabling the two options pictured below, then re-opening the document.

douglas255492002ocf_0-1659827464033.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines