• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors between Adobe Color Picker and Adobe Color Themes doesn't look the same (Photoshop)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

on the picture i attatched you can see that the color on my color picker with hex code "a06d4b" looks very different than the same color, with same hex code, on my adobe color theme(last square on picture). Actually i just imported the color i picked into adobe color themes, but why it is looking so different? 

If you can see the picture, you see that the color from my color picker is orange-red while the same color imported to color themes looks brown. 

Someone could help? 

Thanks in advance

Color themes.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

If you want to color manage your themes make sure the color mode is set to Lab when you edit the theme at color.adobe.com, and then make your conversions to the desired space in Photoshop. The CMYK values listed at color.adobe.com are not color managed and would not be reliable. The RGB values assume the profile is sRGB.

To change a theme to Lab, select the theme from Adobe Color Themes panel>My Themes>...>View Online. From the web page double-click the theme, and choose Edit Theme from the si

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are the RGB, CMYK etc. values created, what is their relationship? 

Looks to me like the Theme panel and web app’s RGB, HSB, and HEX values are assuming an sRGB document or working RGB space. The device independent Lab values are correct, the CMYK values would be for an unknown device and should not be used.

Screen Shot 24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob day , thanks for your insights! 

I agree with those that find the current state of the panel sub-optimal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. This is working right. According to my eyes the colors are matching, even though it would be more convinient if we could create a color palette directly in photoshop, without going on their internet side.

Maybe adobe could change that in the future. 

Have a great weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a new theme on Illustrator. No other app can do that.

I opened a support case after getting nowhere with my post on the COLOR forum (below)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-color/what-colour-space-the-cmyk-values-are-given-for/td-p/1176...

It followed a long telephone call with various levels of Adobe support staff (having been escelated). The Adobe engineer who I ended the call with said ignore the COLOR website, it is a joke. His words!

I now create my colour themes on Illustrator as the guy suggested. He told me that Illustrator is the only CC app that can create a colour theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one did what I needed. Everything looks the same. Simple as that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines