• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors keep switching

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PS tools allow for a primary and secondary color choice and you can toggle back and forth between them. HOWEVER for the last few months, when I am using my pencil or brush tool in the primary color, it will suddenly switch to the second color. The colors do not switch on the tool bar, just the color of the tool. For example, I have read as my primary color and am using the pencil to draw lines in red when suddenly the pencil color changes to yellow, which is set as the secondary color.

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and macOS are you using?

With the Pencil Tool look at the tool options bar and see if Auto Erase is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try a Tools Reset by having the Brush Tool selected, right clicking on the Big Brush icon at the left side of the tool options bar and then clicking Reset Tool. Repeat same for Pencil Tool.

tr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tdnash Curious if you have tried changing the springboard keyboard shortcuts time? By default it is set to 200ms which is what it has been for years so if that doesn't work for your workflow, increase the timing or uncheck that option so that spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts are disabled if that fits your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines