• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors not uploading from PS to FB correctly

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not changed any settings, I never had this issue before. All the sudden my photos that I export from PS Or LRC to FB are not the same color. Im still uploading in srgb so I dont know what the issue could be. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's FB? (It really helps to spell out the acronyms the first time. Not everyone here knows what all the abbreviations refer to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FACEBOOK. 90% of ppl know what that is. And I gave enough information to
get at least some help started. Why even comment if you don't have a
soulution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do understand that being nasty is only going to reduce the number of people who try to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being NASTY? Really I wasnt nasty at all. I gave back the same energy commentor had with me. Its irritating when you post on the web you always have people that will comment their opions and not an answer to the question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because normally people here aren't ASKING about Facebook. For all I knew, it was a different Adobe program you were looking for.  Also, this might not be the appropriate forum for this question and knowing what you're talking about lets someone like me move it someplace where you're more likely to get a good answer.

In general, it is a good idea to assume that not everyone is going to be familiar with all of the abbreviations in use. For example, I'm a tech writer. I use FrameMaker and output to PDFs though Acrobat Pro. Sometimes I use Photoshop, but beyond that there are a LOT of Adobe products I'm unfamiliar enough with that seeing a 2-letter abbreviation makes it a mystery.

I understand that you're probably feeling a bit touchy and irritated because of this issue, but that's no reason to be discourteous in your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well honestly that never even crossed my mind. I wasn't being rude just because you took me that way.  And Im also new to this and have no idea how to use and thought it was posted in the correct forum. So my apology if I came off as discourteous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apology accepted, and thank you for understanding. 

It really IS a good idea to write things out rather than using abbreviations, though. This is an international board, and not everyone is going to understand the English-language-based abbreviations you're using. Also consider that not everyone here is a heavy user of the Internet, or chat applications, or texting, where abbreviations are extremely common. Writing it out ensures there's no misunderstanding by people who don't have that background information.

Generally speaking, if you see that someone has a label as either an Adobe Employee or an Adobe Community Expert, assume their good will. We're trying to help, not trying to insult, and there are going to be times when we need more information even if the poster thinks they provided all that was needed. In my case, I'll often ask so I know where to move a post that's in the wrong place, but I also try to give the poster information about appropriate places to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not sure, but I think FB itself is doing some Color correction at it sown for Optimizing that Images. Maybe try to export it to PNG or JP and upload t manually and compare it to the directly uploaded images.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess idk how. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know how (I would suggest using regular language instead of abbreviations.) to do what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  I'm pretty sure everyone knows what IDK means, but there I go assuming again huh? This is just ridiculous that im being ridiculed by you for putting IDK instead of spelling it out. I miss read your comment and thought You said 'post in a photoshop forum" and I replied with IDK. Im sure you're smart enough to know exactly what was being said, but you just want to be a bully. And its clearly states  I'm new here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does idk mean?

There's lots of options (looked it up):

https://www.abbreviations.com/IDK

'I dont know', maybe,

but on a technical forum - where you are, I imagine, hoping that volunteers will help you - plain English would be more of an accurate way of communicating. 

You're getting the wrong idea, no one here is bullying you. 

IF you are embedding sRGB to images placed on Facebook there's little else can be done to help. Are you viewing both Facebook and Photoshop on the same device?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If what you upload doesn't match Photoshop, the likelihood is the browser isn't color managed OR, more likely these days, when uploaded, the color profile was stripped. Even if you upload sRGB data and the profile is stripped on wide gamut displays, this will not necessarily preview correctly because, again, a silly site striped the profile. Without color management, sRGB is an unknown attribute. 

The other possibility is a corrupted display profile but more than likely, this is an issue with the site itself. As outlined, there is nothing you can do. Further, what you see on-screen on your system doesn't mean anyone else will see the same color appearance as explained here:

sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2

In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover:
When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices
How sRGB doesn't insure a visual match without color management, how to check
The downsides of an all sRGB workflow sRGB's color gamut vs. "professional" output devices
The future of sRGB and wide gamut display technology
Photo print labs that demand sRGB for output
High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/sRGBMythsPart2.mp4
Low resolution on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvVUL1gWVs

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines