Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

When exporting the CMYK file in PNG format, the blue color changes into orange and losses the blur effect. Can u help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot export CMYK to PNG, it's impossible. So it is converted to RGB. This could be a bug, but still, if making PNG, don't work in CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client wants print file, so is it okey of I send rgb format? I sent png file in CMYK format before :(( should I send it again amd tell what happend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never send anyone CMYK unless you're 10000% sure they know what to do with it! 

Send tagged RGB. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you really never did send a PNG in CMYK format, because there is no such thing. You were just lucky if it converted to RGB ok. 

There's a myth on the web that, because printers use CMYK colours you must work in CMYK yourself. But this is wrong most of the time - because you will get much better colour working in RGB and let the printer work it out for you. Quite often they even use different inks (not CMYK at all), or use software that must start with RGB.

And if they demand PNG, they are also demanding that you send them RGB. And you were...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's untagged RGB which isn't what you want or need and doesn't match the original. Convert to CMYK from RGB first, if indeed, you need a PNG. 

The Export option shouldn't even allow this, but it does (maybe a bug, there are plenty in this new Export). But you just shouldn't even try. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I need png, the client wants to print it on T-shirt. I exported with "export as PNG",  I'll convert then, thanks mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Export As is broken but you have two options with CMYK there (there should be none):

1. Convert to RGB ON. 

2. Convert to RGB OFF.

If you select Convert to RGB, you end up with an untagged document in sRGB so you'll have to use the Assign Profile command (or just don't even use this buggy means to produce a PNG). 

If the check box is off, it converts to RGB based on the RGB Working Space which is even worse. 

Bottom line: if you have CMYK, stay far away from Export As. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how should I export PNG? Or send it in PDF format? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the RGB version prior to converting to CMYK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know what that means. Artboard is in the CMYK version and while saving there is no option to choose the prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We mean, did you design it in RGB first, and if so, did you keep it? Really this should never have been CMYK and we're trying to help you get back to RGB, which is much easier if you already have it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it, I designed it in CMYK but is not too complex, so I will design it again in RGB then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't have to do that, probably. We were telling you what was best if it could be done. Save a copy, and convert the copy to RGB in the usual way (Image > Mode). Check the colours carefully. If they look right, you are good to go. However, you might find them muted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw that sounds great! Thanks a lot for ur time and advice! ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just convert the CMYK design to RGB (sRGB is recommended as it's most widely compatible) then make the png. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank u so much for the advice and recommendation, it will help me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mariam, thanks, glad it worked.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines