Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colour change after posting on social media

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I wanted to post one of my pictures on social media, but the colours were different from the saved picture on my computer. 

In the details of my photo I saw that it said 'not calibrated', while it normally is sRGB, but I didn't change any settings in Photoshop.

kalibratie.pngphotoshop.pngkleurvoorstellin normaal.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that it has something to do with the colour profile. It seems to open my pictures in AdobeRGB, so when i convert the profile to sRGB, it saves my image correctly, but is there a way to let photoshop do this automatically? I didn't use to have issues with this in photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

profiel adobeRGB.pngomzetten in sRGB.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, convert to sRGB and embed the profile. Done, that's all you can do. This has the highest chance of being correctly represented in the highest number of scenarios.

To actually solve the problem, you need to use color managed applications on a platform that supports full color management.

Color management has three components, all of which need to be present:

• an embedded document profile
  • an accurate monitor profile (or other destination device such as printer)
  • a color managed application that reads both profiles and remaps from one to the other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As D Fosse wrote "In Photoshop, convert to sRGB and embed the profile"

That’s the best you can do if sending images out into a world of applications without colour management, mobiles and uncalibrated display screens. 

It's getting a bit more complex now many users have high gamut (e.g. 98% AdobeRGB) screens - but sRG is best for most cases.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines