Colour change from LR to PS

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a puzzling question regarding colour change.

I take passport photos and edit them in LR before exporting them into PS (the image colour is fine at this stage), then I duplicate the image into a different tab with the template, as soon as it duplicated over the colour suddenly becomes really weird (like a dull greenish colour). Photo attached

Currently I've been going around the problem by exporting jpg out of LR first, then open in PS. But I'm really curious about why this has happened and how to fix it so I can save a step in editing. 

Many Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain (clarify): I duplicate the image into a different tab with the template.

Duplicate, tab, where?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply,

Open this image in another file/image (which is on a different tab)? Does it make sense? 

Right click image > duplicate layer > desination > "another" document 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open in Photoshop in another view? Odd that the color change if so.

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?

If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.

If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release. 

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/weird-ps-bug-psd-file-looks-messed-up/idi-p/...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what ProPhoto RGB looks like without proper color management.

There is one big problem with Lightroom from a beginner's perspective: it sends files to Photoshop as ProPhoto RGB.

The "new tab"  is in fact a new document , and you have created it as an untagged document without its own color profile. Then the image displays not in the original color space, but in whatever you have as working RGB.

You need to do two things: First, go into Lightroom preferences > External Editing, and change the color space from ProPhoto to sRGB. Don't change it again until you get more experience. Ignore the "explanation" tooltip in the dialog, it's very misleading.

Two, always make sure your documents have an embedded color profile. When creating a new file, assign the proper profile right away (sRGB is the safe choice).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines