Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour swap water colours in photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Would anyone be able to show me how I would change the reds in this watercolour to the lavender purples also in this painting? (mainly in the bottom right)

I have seen a few youtube tutorials but due to the nature of the watercolours being unique and oddly shaped I found it quite tricky, any help would be appreciated!

Thank you so much xwhole watercolour.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select > Colorrange

Shift click to a d a few colors, then slide the fuzziness to a place where the reds are selected but not much of the other colors.Click ok and you will have a selection.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 7.37.48 AM.png

Make a new soild color adjustment layer, and the selection will turn onto a mask. Set the layer to color blend mode.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 7.38.08 AM.png

You can later double click on the solid color adjustment layer to change the color to adjust your lavender.

MikeGondek_0-1622810532730.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to help with this!

This looks perfect and exactly what I was hoping to achieve! The only problem is when I try these steps myself it looks a little different! I don't know what I'm doing wrong! 

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 14.11.22.png

There are some areas that are still completely red and within the new lavender bits there are still dark tones of burgundy, do you have any suggestions on how I could adjust these?

I am such a beginner so sorry if this is obvious! Thank you soo so much! x 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are close. Color Range is a tricky way to make a selection. Here is another way to try, without making any selections. Use the Hue Saturation Adjustment layer and change it to reds, then play with the sliders. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 11.10.44 AM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines