• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility: Nikon D850, Camera RAW, Adobe DNG converter, mac OS 10.13.6

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MAC with OS 10.13.6. It cannot be upagrade to a higher OS. It is perfectly compatible with RAW images from my Nikon D810.

I now have a Nikon D850. So I have to use DNG Converter. Adobe advises that it has only the most recent version of DNG Converter available, 13.2. This version DNG Converter requires an OS of 10.14 or higher.  So I need

\     - anolder version of DNG Converter or

- an older version of Camerta RAW, 9.12 ( I think this would work with the D850) or

- a new computer or

- throw the D850 in the lake and use my D810.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Here is the adobe DNG Converter 12.4 from the Adobe FTP site, which i believe is the last version to work with 10.13.6 and should support your Nikon D850 nefs.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac/DNGConverter_12_4.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have noted that I have Photoshop CS^ installed in my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6! Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded DNG 13.2, but it could not be installed on OS 10.13.6. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download and try 13.2? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while trying to open the images from the Nikon D850 in Photoshop CS6. The last Camera Raw version that Photoshop CS6 can support is version 9.1.1. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

The support for the Nikon D850 was rolled out with Camera Raw version 9.12.1. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

We no longer have the download links for the older versions of the Adobe DNG converter available on our website.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the adobe DNG Converter 12.4 from the Adobe FTP site, which i believe is the last version to work with 10.13.6 and should support your Nikon D850 nefs.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac/DNGConverter_12_4.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff  --  You are a genius! It took me a couple of tries to download and install it, but I finally succeeded! And it works! So I get to keep both my old computer and my new camera!

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing! I have the same problem (that my laptop is too old and can not upgrade anymore).

However, I wonder if that converter is really over 300MB large? I can not really believe it, but the download does not seem to stop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dng converter 12.4 for mac is around 475 mb, not because of the converter itself, but due to the camera and lens profiles included in the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to download the 12.4 version but I keep getting an error message that "Safari can't load any data from this location."

I am also in Greece at the moment so don't know if this has an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

You can click on your desktop click on Go then Connect to Server and paste in

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac

then check Connect as Guest

cone.png

Look for the DNGConverter_12_4.dmg and drag to your desktop to download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "Guest" the wheel keeps turning but does not connect. I attached a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the server doesn't connect and later try works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn’t work, all different times of the day--

Linda Kessler
Painter/Photographer

+1 212 925 6080
www.lindakessler.com
instagram.com/lindakessler_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda,

Try this link for the 12.4 dng converter

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/mac/DNGConverter_12_4.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am wondering if you could help me out, too, I am running iOS high Sierra and have Lightroom 4.4 on my machine. I recently purchased the Nikon Z6ii and am running into the issue that LR does not recognize the raw files. I was able to download the converter mentioned in the thread above, however it doesn't seem to support the Z6ii raw file either. I am at a loss of what to do. Any other solutions that I've looked up do not support my current iOS version. HELP Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Nikon Z6II requires at camera raw 13.1 and unfortunately it seem High Sierra 10.13 can only use up to the 12.4 dng converter.

What year and model Mac do you have?

Have you checked to see if you can upgrade your mac to a newer macOS?

In the meantime you could try Raw Therapee, a free open source camera raw file editor.

https://www.rawtherapee.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I have a iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) with a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor.  Apple does not offer any newer macOS upgrades for my machine. Unless there is another possibility of upgrading? Thank you again. I will try the open source link you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines