Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compositing Problems

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am desperatly trying to composit something here, but cannot get it to look realistic. I want to edit a somewhat blurred red flag into a dark blue sky, but in the areas of mixed alpha/partial transparency I get these dark borders which make it look absolutly unrealistic. Makes sense because red and blue mixed together result in some purple color which ends up being darker, but can I prevent that somehow?

Here you can see a picture that visualizes my problem.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 224526.jpg

TOPICS
SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

This is one of those instances where you might want to go into Color Settings and check "Blend RGB colors using gamma":

blend-gamma.png

Note that this will only work if you have them on separate layers so that they are actually blending. If you do it in a single layer it will all blend in the document color space, as it does when unchecked.

Unchecked is the default and you should normally keep it as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of those instances where you might want to go into Color Settings and check "Blend RGB colors using gamma":

blend-gamma.png

Note that this will only work if you have them on separate layers so that they are actually blending. If you do it in a single layer it will all blend in the document color space, as it does when unchecked.

Unchecked is the default and you should normally keep it as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg thank you soo much this is what I spent hours searching for!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also do it in Lab, and here even in a single layer. But for some reason I don't think it looks quite as good there, the transition looks a bit dirtier. I don't know why.

blend_Lab_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines