Computer crashes/restart when using PS 2022 version 23.1.1

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since PS 2022 came out, my computer crashes unexpectedly when using any versions and even with the latest version which is 23.1.1. I have reported this problem before and talked to 2 agents which both told me it will be an issue that will be fixed in the next version. Hopefully the next version will fix it, because everytime there is a new version, it keeps crashing anyways.

I would love to be able to use the new features without any issues, but for now I have to use an older version so it does not crash.

Here are my computer specs: 

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Running system is windows 10.

Btw, all drivers are up to date, including my graphic card's drivers. If I disable the graphic car in PS 2022, it works without crashing but then it doesn't run as smoothly and some features don't work. In older versions, I have no problems at all so the graphic card should not the problem. The graphic card is GTX 1660.

Anyone else have this problem?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A system crash usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation.

Current versions of Photoshop use DX12 (native OS GPU API) rather than OpenGL.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of knowing what exactly would cause that problem? For example, which hardware if that's the case.

I have no problems with any other applications other than PS 2022.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Every driver is up to date, a full system diagnostic have been done for all the hardware and there is no problems. OpenCL and Directx12 is available and enabled on my graphics card and also enabled in Photoshop.

I have now downloaded the latest version of PS which is version 23.2.

Could it be a Photoshop problem at this point?

I have no idea what else to do and it is frustrating to not be able to use the latest version.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The GPU/driver is still the most likely problem, but the GTX1660 works well for everybody else. There must be something specific to this system. Please go to Help > System Info and paste the entire contents here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines