• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer shuts down after opening a image on photoshop, LIghtroom and Illustrator.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I open an image on either Photoshop, Illustrator or Lightroom (Classic or new one) computer shuts down and re-starts, I have disabled GPU usage within each program setting and still get the same beahvior, I have done a clean Windows install and still having this issue, any thoughts? or should I consider cacelling my plan asking for no penalty, since I cannot use 3 out of the 6 apps I need the most? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check if your computer meets the minimum requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thabks for the link and details.

Pc is well above even the recommended specs,  intel i7 at 3.9ghz, 32gb of ram and nvidia 1660 super. PC has no trouble running after effects and premiere, yet photoshop, LR and illustrator shut it down with no reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I re-installed Photoshop 21.2.12, Illustrator 24.3 and works fine, seems like the issue showed up somewhere in a later version of each, please look into it. Good tools, is a shame this issues are happening on such a big SaaS provider. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this??, I cant believe we are months after and  I have not  yet gotten any update on this, computer keeps crashing. and I just cancelled my suscription when non of the latest updates has addressed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some suggestions here if you want to give it another try.

https://www.technipages.com/fix-photoshop-crashing-when-opening-or-saving-files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines