Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Congratulations to the Adobe Development Team

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from the non-technical, non-product LOUNGE to PHOTOSHOP.]

I want to thank the ADT for making Photoshop virtually unusable. You have changed so many aspects of what I used to be able to use without even thinking into a living NIGHTMARE!

I am happy to say, you've joined Apple in making your product, which was working just freaking FINE, into an unintelligible mess.

PLEASE, will you find OTHER WORK for the team members to do other than fiddle and futz around with the code?

How about learning to cook? Or making better tasting Lattes? Or, maybe, learning auto mechanics. We're going to need lots of auto mechanics in the New World Order.

Can anyone recommend a replacement for Photoshop...maybe Paint Shop Pro? (Or whatever they call it now.)

I will definitely NOT be renewing my Photoshop license.

Thanks again for all you folks do!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

In this support fourum Adobe Photoshop problems are solved for users and bugs get reported.  Although I hear your frustration and read a rant, there appears to be no concrete problem that any working in this community can help with.  Please do edit your post to come up with a problem that has caused your frustration and like many thousands of others here, this Community will quickly find solutions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this support fourum Adobe Photoshop problems are solved for users and bugs get reported.  Although I hear your frustration and read a rant, there appears to be no concrete problem that any working in this community can help with.  Please do edit your post to come up with a problem that has caused your frustration and like many thousands of others here, this Community will quickly find solutions.  

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it might merit mentioning: 

Whatever changes have been implemented in Photoshop in the last couple of decades to make it »virtually unusable« to the original poster – others are still able to use Photoshop efficiently enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user Forum, so you are not exactly addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

I dare say unqualified rants are not exactly welcome here, though. 

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 16.48.21.png

If you have actual problems please describe them in a meaningful manner and it seems quite likely that some of the regulars will try to help you. Successfully or unsuccessfully … who knows? 

If you are determined to stop using Photoshop then Affinity Photo seems to have gotten some positive reports and Gimp may still be worth checking out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranting without actually stating what your issue(s) is/are doesn't help anyone.

Please indicate your version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Detail the specific problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe (community forums):
Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions
and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum.

Your rant isn't going to help you or alter the direction of Adobe.

You can ask for help and there are volunteers here who will attempt to assist you. Otherwise, you're really wasting your time. Further, this isn't a venue to ask for Photoshop "replacements" (if I can be so kind).

FWIW, speaking personally, Photoshop absolutely isn't unusable. For me and others.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, speaking personally, Photoshop absolutely isn't unusable. For me and others.

It sure isn’t. 

Changing software altogether instead of familiarizing oneself with the changes that subsequent versions have accumulated in an application one is already working with may seem like a peculiar choice but maybe it will provide a beneficial learning experience. 

At least it would seem to rule out the expectation »to be able to use without even thinking«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just read some of the OPs previous posts. High on sniping - low on content that would enable others to help. For what it's worth, Photoshop runs well here on two desktop PCs and my daughter also has a licence and it works well on her laptop system also.

@John21601 Surprise us and describe an an actual issue that we can replicate and either offer support or pass on to Adobe.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines