• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant crashing issue and problems with "support"

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling for the past week, trying to find answers to a crashing problem that I am experiencing.

It all started when I updated my Mac to the newest Monterey operating system and updated Photoshop the latest version on the same day. Ever since, my Mac has been crashing over and over again and also Bridge doesn't display all my images correctly (I get empty gray boxes in place of some of the images).

I have so far talked to no less than SEVEN ADOBE CUSTOMER SUPPORT AGENTS on the phone and no one seems to know how to help me. About three times, I scheduled a time for a call with a senior agent and then the time passes and nobody calls me. This has been beyond frustrating. I talked to a guy today who (along with another agent I spoke to) advised that I contact Apple about this, even though the crashing issue seems to be stemming from Photoshop. These agents told me that I should ask Apple to upgrade my graphics driver software. They said it would be easy. They thought that would help.

So, I  call Apple customer support, and requested that he upgrade my graphics driver. The agent acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. He seemed absolutely clueless when I described the issues I've been experiencing. He told me he'd like to do a diagnostic on my computer, and I thought that sounded like a good idea, so I said OK. He asked if I have any external devices like an external hard drive connected to my Mac. I said, yes, I have an external hard drive, so I unplugged it. I assumed he knew what was connected to my Mac because he had remote access to it. So, he tells me to shut down and then restart the computer, holding the "d" key, I signed into my wifi, and then all of a sudden SMOKE is coming out of the back of my scanner.

I said WAIT, WAIT, WHAT IS HAPPEENING! I leaped on the floor to the surge protector that my computer is plugged into and unplugged it, turned off and then unplugged the scanner. There is smoke all over my desk. The guy DID NOT TELL ME that I needed to unplug my scanner while he did diagnostics. I didn't know that he considered that an "external device".

So, now I have a fried scanner that I have to replace, and a crashing computer than EIGHT SO-CALLED EXPERTS could not tell me how to fix. So now I ask, does anyone HERE On this forum have any advice??? Any suggestions??? I need my computer for my work and this is a huge, huge problem. Thanks in advice.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you know, my comptuer (an iMac, which I've never had issues with before) is crashing about every hour or so. The crashing seems to be originating in Photoshop, which is why I called Adobe support. And all the many agents I have spoken to have NOT helped AT ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Photoshop and Bridge and this has no t helped. I am currently using a 2021 version of Photoshop per advice of one of the "agents" I spoke to. However, the crashing happens no matter if I use the 2021 version of Photoshop or the 2022 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody out there have any ideas? My computer was running just fine until I updated Monterey and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines