• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant flickering - any time I do anything the entire screen flickers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workspace/screen consantly flickers when doing any adjustments. Using eye dropper? screen flcikers. Moving an opject? screen flickers. Anything I do the entire screen flickers. Even just ahving something selcted amkes the entire screen flicker. It is extremely annoying and makes me use photoshop as a last resort. But given the price and the fact I have to pay a monthly fee I am paying for a product that doesnt work. What do I do to fix this annoying issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deselecting (unticking) "Use Graphics Processor" found under the Performance tab in Photoshop preferences.

(tTen closing and reopening the application.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI while this does fix the flickering, performance drops significantly. constant glitches on the edge of all my work that only show at certian zooms, moving/scaling takes twice as long as teh program loads, and other performance issues. not sure what is worse the flickering or the fact that photoshop now runs as if my PC cant handle it when in actualality photoshop is just porrly optimized. how does a graphics card that came out in 2021 have issues with photoshop? the problem is the app not the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI while this does fix the flickering, performance drops significantly. 

By @Ash2425

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On Mac, that's part of the OS that needs a fix. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to see. Surpised a brand new top of the line 2021 graphics card (bought in 2021) would have issues with photoshop and have constant flickering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to see. Surpised a brand new top of the line 2021 graphics card (bought in 2021) would have issues with photoshop and have constant flickering

By @Ash2425

When you disable GPU, let us know if flickering exists or not. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you saw - by doing what you suggested photoshop SEVERELY drops in quality. Constant freezing, constant zooming delay, constant "random colors" showing up on the boarder of my project making me have to double chekc eveyrthing. Does adobe have any solution or is it just "suffer with the flicker" or "suffer with severely dropped app quality"? How does a multi million dollar company release a program this faulty? Its unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response - I did not know I had a response.

Odd because I did that before leaving this (tried searching for the issue) and nothing happened, but after doing it again so I could say "I did it again and it didnt work" has shown me that it did work this time. I am not sure why disabling it before did nothing. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are some suggestions from Adobe for GPU issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines