• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Glitch inside the app

New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ONLY way I can fix this glitch is to install an older version of photoshop. Which means all the latest versions are useless. They aren't fit for purpose. Why am I paying a monthly subscription when I can't get the latest version? This needs to be fixed. 

My business depends on photoshop working. If I get glitches and can't actually view a picture to print it. I don't sell a picture. I can't print my pictures and my business is selling pictures daily. 

It would be fab if someone could actually fix this issue. I don't want to have to go to an older update in order to get photoshop to function. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide more details about this glitch? Perhaps someone will have a good solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. It's where when you open Photoshop the moment you go to open a picture or do anything Kes starts flashing. Just a white flash. It doesn't help to uninstall the app, all the other things that are needed to keep the computer updated are updated. In the end. There is a solution that other people with the same glitch have had to do... that's update the computer with an older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to enable the option "Deactivate Native Canvas". This will force Photoshop to use a legacy display method. Restart Photoshop, and hopefully the problem is solved.

Windows:
Edit - Preferences - Technology Previews
Edit - Settings - Technology Previews

Mac:
Photoshop - Preferences - Technology Previews
Photoshop - Settings - Technology Previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup tried that. Didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a glitch? You want what fixed? 

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's where open Photoshop. Go to edit a picture and it starts flashing. Just white flashing and you can't use the app at all from there. It's the worst thing to deal with right when you need to start printing product. 
The one solution I have is to update with older version 

Re-installing - doesn't work 

Updating computer - doesn't work 

Shutting down computer and re-installing - doesn't work 

I followed a troubleshoot on the same issue before. That's how I saw the solution of going to an older version instead. Which works. 

Yet STILL adobe haven't fixed the problem with their updated versions. Which means people paying for it monthly aren't getting the best version of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The underlying issue is that you have a GPU that is getting old. Later Photoshop versions draw on functions that require full up to date DirectX support. The white flashing is the most common indicator.

There is another checkbox called "Older GPU mode". Try that.

But this is hitting a lot of users, perhaps too many, so I would expect them to come up with better workarounds in coming releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Computer is fully up to date. 

Instead of me trying everything under the sun to fix the glitch. Maybe Adobe could make the updates that don't cause the glitch in the first place. I'm not paying to do their job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines