• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content-aware fill Custom Sampling area not working

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the mentioned tool with the custom area tool but as soon as I hit the custom sampling, I get the following error:
"Could not fill because there are not enough remaining pixels to fill the hole.  The change cannot be applied."

There is only one layer which is the picture, this has happened only on macOS. I was using the tool all day in windows, and everything is working fine. But in macOS this behavior is taking place on every picture.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test move the selection lower in the image vertically to see if the message is referring to the top most edge 'running out of pixels'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you don't have any pixels selected to fill with... That bright green on the right is the color that will show the pixels that are selected to be used to fill you space. There are is no bright green overlay on your image. You need have the sky overlayed with bright green to tell PS to use those pixels to fill. 

For a small spot like that I would personally use the spot healing brush or the patch tool. content aware fill is overkill. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem for a long time (maybe a year). Content-aware fill opens with auto or rectangular selected, but I can NEVER select "Custom" because it pops that error, and never allows the custom selection button to be active. Tried full layers, never works.

I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

Any work arounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following works for me:
Zoom in on the preview pannel on the right then you can paint your smaple area without the error message appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue on Windows, Photoshop 23.2.2 on a single layer image

Workaround:

Toggle "Sample all layers" off and click through the warnings,

Select "custom" sampling area and click through warnings

Toggle "Sample all layers" on

Use sampling brush to make a custom sampling area - done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been killing me! Thanks for the work around. They gotta fix this so it loads blank on default!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have your same problem and none of the fixes mentioned have worked for me.  Just bugs the heck out of me when I cannot figure something out.  I can live without "Custom" but what the heck.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have the very same problem now. I can't even get to the custom controls as it pops up an error first, I click ok and it closes. 

Clone Stamp tool no longer works as this morning.

My work has ground to a halt as a result. 

Past 2 years have been horrible for me with Photoshop, on Macs that were made in 2018, and 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE... just noticed none of the healing, patch, cloning tools etc are working. ZERO results from any of them. Nothing happens at all. 

Photoshop 23.2.2
macOS 12.3
2019 iMAC 27" with 40GB ram, 

3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE... just noticed none of the healing, patch, cloning tools etc are working. ZERO results from any of them. Nothing happens at all. 

Photoshop 23.2.2
macOS 12.3
2019 iMAC 27" with 40GB ram, 

3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

By @k-tarrier

You might be better off starting a new thread with your particular issue.  It can get very confusing with multiple users with possibly unrelated issues, plus the regular posters are more likely to open threads with fewer answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines