• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill omits color corrections

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened recently. Yesterday it worked well. I try to use Content aware fill on a new transparent layer. Attached you see my settings. Now, content aware doesn't integrate the color correction into the filling.  The preview looks fine, but the result changes. If I reduce everything on one layer and do the same, it works without any problems. But the biggest benefit out of this content aware is, that I don't need to reduce my layers normally. I'm using these hundreds of times every day. 

Thanks in advanced Marco 

Settings:

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 15.00.52.png

Preview:

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 15.00.28.png

Result:

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 15.00.36.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @photocope I am sorry you don't have any replies yet. I can't duplicate the issue with the same settings (Windows 10, Photoshop 24.0.1 Release). You say you are trying to use Content Aware Fill on a new transparent layer? Is the new transparent layer being generated automatically after you apply the fill?

If something worked yesterday, but not today, and you haven't made any other system changes, try restoring your preferences using this manual method: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Let us know if you are still having the same issue after this.

JEL_0-1669242821546.pngJEL_1-1669242859774.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The issue just appears if there are some color corrections layers. Seems like content aware doesn't recognize the color layers anymore and just fill pixels. 

1: random picture with 2 color correction layers. Transparent layer is empty.

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 23.52.43.png

2: Content aware fill. All layers

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 23.52.58.png

3: The result

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 23.53.06.png

4: Now it's getting interesting. When I turn the color correction layers off, the content aware filling match. Means the content aware filling doesn't fill with the color correction information for some reasons. 

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-23 um 23.53.18.png

I will try so reset my PS settings tomorrow. 

Thanks a lot for your effort. Marco 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I see now. Did you try clipping those two adjustment layers to the bottom layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result. Any type of color correction get ignored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. If you need to reveal it, there are instructions here. Otherwise, the file name is Adobe Photoshop [version] Prefs.pspit and should be located under Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it. Thanks a lot. I also reset the preferences but nothing changed. Content aware still ignoring the color correction layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. We can rule that one out (it's the first thing everyone here will tell you to do, lol). Let me ask you this: Is the issue only happening with this one image, or with any image you try to use CAF on? And you confirm that this wasn't happening with the same layer-types and the way they are ordered yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's a quick help, so there was a chance to solve this problem fast. 🙂

I'm using CAF every day many times, and today I recognized the gap between the colors. 

I tried many other pictures. Not only that, but I also just tried PS 2022 and the same thing happens.  

Chip Apple M1 Max

Speicher 32 GB

Startvolume Macintosh HD

macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Photoshop: Version 24.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can't duplicate the issue, it must be particular to macOS or your specific M1 Max configuration. Did you play around with turning off and on settings like Deactivate Native Canvas and uncheck the Graphics processer in Performance? I'm grasping right now but hopefully some other mac users will chime in with ideas for you. Fingers crossed. I know how frustrating it is to get hung up on something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that as well, but no improvement. I also just recognized that i can't check or uncheck the marked option. Since that the problem appeared. 

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-24 um 01.11.34.png

Thank you so much for your kind support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I only wish I could have been of more help to you. You know, I noticed that your panel had that option grayed out and mine didn't when I was comparing our settings. You might be on to something there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines