Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Content Aware Fill Selection leaving outline artifacts - Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to use Content Aware Fill to remove objects using the Quick Selection Tool.

I'm finding that the Content Aware Fill  leaves an outline of the object I want to remove is there a way I can stop this occuring?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound right, have you tried expanding your selection by several pixels?

What version of Photoshop are you working on? 

Could you please check this community thread and let us know if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/eliminating-outline-with-content-aware-fill/td-p/10115742?p...

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Thank you for your email.

I've checked the community thread and I have exactly the same issue susansherman reported.

I am using the 2020 version of Photoshop(Desktop version for Windows)- with the latest update.

As suggested, I've used the Modify command and tried 2 & 5 pixels with no effect whatsover.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having the same issue. I've tried expanding the selection but the same result happens. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines