Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Credentials and Social Media

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all
I know this is a beta and I am pretty happy and impressed so far with what I am seeing.

I did a test of a JPG I exported and did a copy of that JPG and the credentials held.

However, if you upload a copy of any image with credentials (especially Facebook) then these credentials disappear on the verify site. I assumed they were non-destructive?
Anyway, just a suggestion to look into this, as many people post to social media and at the same time have many thieves on social media.
Thanks so far

Rob

practice safe design | use a concept ~ Petrula Vrontikis
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Hi @Rob Art Illustration 

Thanks for trying out Content Credentials. One of the primary goals of Content Credentials and our partner community with the Content Authenticity Initiative (contentauthenticity.org) is to create a reliable way to share metadata across the web. We've been aligning to a new open standard through the C2PA (c2pa.org). 

While we expand our community and members, many sites and apps will strip all metadata or will re-process the image (which technically creates a 2nd im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rob Art Illustration 

Thanks for trying out Content Credentials. One of the primary goals of Content Credentials and our partner community with the Content Authenticity Initiative (contentauthenticity.org) is to create a reliable way to share metadata across the web. We've been aligning to a new open standard through the C2PA (c2pa.org). 

While we expand our community and members, many sites and apps will strip all metadata or will re-process the image (which technically creates a 2nd image) that will clear the metadata. We're addressing this in two ways:
1) Expanding the CAI. We have an organization of over 375 companies dedicated to creating an internet where we can have full transparency into the metadata and contextual info
2) We'll be rolling out Cloud Content Credentials with a goal of re-attaching Content Credentials when a program or app has stripped them out. Unfortunately, it's not out yet in the Beta - but it is in the plan.

Loving your feedback and please keep the Q's coming!

Best,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Andrew.
Look forward to seeing teh improvements.

Maybe would be good to have an option to link to the USCO listing for copyrighted work as well.
Rob

practice safe design | use a concept ~ Petrula Vrontikis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saw CC featured on the news this morning.  I recommend they make the icon clear to be less intrusive / obscene.  Great idea though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines