• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert brushes to work with clone stamp

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of my PS brushes have a brush icon attached to it in the brushes panel and they will not work with the eraser or the clone stamp tool. Is there a way to convert, save, or recreate them so they will be available to be used with these other tools.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

I found the answer..

Some brushes are saved with an associated tool settings so when selected they switch to that tool. You can see which ones by turning on "Show Additional Preset Info" in the brushes panel. The tool icon is then shown at the top right of the brush.
To save a copy of a brush without the proprietary tool preset attached, select the brush, choose New Brush Preset, from the drop-down menu on top right of brush panel, and in the dialogue uncheck "Include Tool Settings"
You will now ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the Ctrl (Cmd) key when selecting them, will force Photoshop to keep the current tool.  If it is an ongoing issue for you, think about creating a group of presets for the clone tool, or your tool of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I'll give the Ctrl key a try, this will definitely help ..

I have some brushes I use all the time set up in actions with shortcut keys which greatly improves workflow. However, some of theses action brushes (the ones with the brush symbol attached) revert back to the brush tool when trying to work with stamp tool. If you have an insight as to how to save these brushes so they are not proprietary to the brush tool, I would greatly apprectiate any info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the answer..

Some brushes are saved with an associated tool settings so when selected they switch to that tool. You can see which ones by turning on "Show Additional Preset Info" in the brushes panel. The tool icon is then shown at the top right of the brush.
To save a copy of a brush without the proprietary tool preset attached, select the brush, choose New Brush Preset, from the drop-down menu on top right of brush panel, and in the dialogue uncheck "Include Tool Settings"
You will now have the same brush available to use with any tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines