• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Jpg images into patterns (.pat)

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to Batch convert Jpg images into .pat files? I am familiar with the define pattern function but what I really need is to convert many jpg's.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use edit Define pattern on the image to define a Photoshop pattern. Then use the preset manager to save the pattern as a *.pat file.....

To batch this you may need to use a Photoshop Script to name the patterns a action define pattern step would have a hard code pattern name. Changing that step to a script could retrieve the document name and set the pattern name the same as the jpeg name.  You could define many patterns that way then use the preset manager select all the defined patterns and save a single *.pat file with that set of patterns.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this has been a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack is no longer with us but it is good to see his posts can still help people. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/r-i-p-jjmack/m-p/12701028#M617668

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines