Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to Profile and Printer Profile

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please help!! I'm new here and rather technologically inept, so please be gentle with me. I'm trying to "convert to print profile" in order to get some of my art works printed on the specific paper that the printing company supply. So I downloaded their print profiles and I managed to install them on photoshop and then I went to "edit", "convert to profile", and I selected the one that I wanted, and it says it has converted it in the history, and it has flattened the image and everything, but my issue is, at the bottom of the page in the dialogue box (is it a dialogue box?), it is still saying "Adobe RGB" which is definitely not the print profile I selected to and tried to convert to. Does this mean it hasn't worked? On the other hand, it does work on my step-dad's machine, and he's done exactly the same thing as me, and his is showing up differently... Any help greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks,

Tawna

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tawna26320456s1kp 

I've branched your post to its own thread from an unrelated thread about the difference between esRGB and *wsRGB for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did the color space conversion, the label that should show this to be true isn't updating; it is a bug. Adobe is aware of this and a fix is coming. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you see in the document name?

OmarFathy_0-1664308834099.png

Also, what do you see here:

OmarFathy_1-1664308893617.png

And here:
Edit> Assign Profile

OmarFathy_2-1664308961592.png

All of these places can tell you what is the color mode/profile applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines