• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a smart obj to a layer & not retaining transformations now crashes PS

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Win 10 desktop, latest PS release. When I drop an image onto my canvas that gets placed as a smart obj., then convert to a layer and do not retain transformations, PS consistently crashes with this blank error message. It seems to only happen when the image's actual dimensions are larger than the canvas.

I've replicated the issue on both my desktop and my Win 10 Surface Pro 4. Seems to have some kind of fatal issue resizing the layer to its natural dimensions.

WizWorldLIVE_0-1642840966118.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UTA: Tested on both current version & previous, happening in both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the PSD? Make sure the smart objects are embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey!

I'm so sorry, I didn't recieve a notification that you'd replied!

I did however just encounter the issue again, after a few weeks of not seeing it. I just filed a bug report.

I can't attach the PSD here, because of the filesize limit. I've got it on my personal Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C7_2y2jDxN-_1fNo3_iG8_qvQmkR0vnP/view?usp=sharing

The object in question is the layer "EyuaSc_XIBAkwe9." I tried to convert it to a layer, chose not to retain transformations, & encountered the same blank-popup crash as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@J453  This is still happening to me. It's been so many months. I never recieve any responses to my crash reports. This is very very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines