• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting from 32 bit to 16 bit in Photoshop with blend modes applied

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I covert my psd file from 32 bit to 16 bit it makes my layers with blend modes go crazy. The layers in question are iridescent semi transparent light effects with Linear Dodge applied. 

Once the conversion happens, a huge color shift occurs and the light blows up to look super over exposed. 

Anyone have reccomendations for preserving the original look of the effects/layers without merging down?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload an example image that does this to something like Dropbox or similar so we can examine it? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a company image and confidential, but let me see if I can show what's happening with the light isolated.  

Thanks for your help. It's likely I will need to just merge some layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just crop a small area if possible and upload if possible.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you understand exactly what you're doing in 32b and absolutely need it, don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This is a project for my company and we typically keep things 16 or 8 bit, but recieved the file from an external design agency and are trying to make do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines