• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste / Clipboard issues in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone. For the past week like many people -  I have had issues with copying and pasting into new layers and new documents in Photoshop..... the clipboard is not pasting the actual size of the area selected & copied and when pasting into a new document.

I have followed a lot of previous tips from the community pages and still having issues.

Normally i would lassoo or use the selection tools - copy or copy merged and then paste into a new layer or a new document page to edit.

Even if I use the keys Ctrl C etc, the clipboard isn't giving the actual size of the copied area - so if i now copy> create a new document > the new file size is either too small for the image or too large.

I can't seem to work this one out - I have followed all the preference edit posts and NOTHING is working as it should...

I have updated my version to PS22 with the latest update, running windows 10 home with plenty of memory etc. 

Any help appreciated... 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my version to PS22 with the latest update

You know that stating the exact version number would have been shorter and more meaningful? 

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible of the copy/paste-steps you are taking? 

Did you check Photosop > Preferences > General > Use Legacy "New Document" Interface? 

If you duplicate unmerged content into the same document try using Layer > New > Layer Via Copy (ctrl-J). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that worked   why would this suddenly switch itself off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The preferences file might have gotten corrupted and effectively reset when starting Photoshop …

But I guess sometimes it’s not really worth wondering why. 

Try figuring out what setting (either Tool or Preferences …) might cause a problem, change it, see if that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines