• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste from Illustrator to Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy/paste objects from Illustrator to Photoshop.

When I paste into Photoshop, Photoshop hangs until I go back to Illustrator and click okay on error popup. The error pop up is "The operation can not complete because of unknow error. (CANF)".

I am using the latest updates of all software. I can copy from Illustrator to InDesign. I have restarted the computer and both applications. This worked in the 2019 versions with a problem.

Is this a known issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

This has now been answered in the Illustrator forum. For those interested, see this solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/Illustrator-2020-giving-error-while-copy-pasting-object-to/m-p/10740076

I’ll lock this thread. Please continue any discussion at link above.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean this with all honesty and no malice whatsoever.

Good because that is a terrible way to work. You are making your illustrator (vector) files blocky (rasterized). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean this with all honesty and no malice whatsoever.

It might actually be one of the best ways to work. LOL

On import, you are given the option for Smart Object (which I believe uses ADL) which will later open that photoshop smart object in Illustrator for easy vector updating. You are also given the option to import from the clipboard as a shape layer, so you can pull complex vector shapes and logos into Photoshop and scale with zero loss in image quality. Without it, the workflow here would be soooo slow.

Sorry if that came off as pontificating, I promise it wasn't meant to be.

Can you do me a favor and tell me if you can copy/paste a simple vector square from Illustrator into Photoshop and tell me if you get the Photoshop import box or the Illustrator error pop-up? I am using CC 2020 for both apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has now been answered in the Illustrator forum. For those interested, see this solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/Illustrator-2020-giving-error-while-copy-pasting-object-t...

I’ll lock this thread. Please continue any discussion at link above.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines