Copy and Paste is turning the image white

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having an issue with Photoshop on Windows. When I copy an image and then paste it onto another layer, that copied image turns completely white as soon as it's pasted. What can I do to fix this? This is quite urgent as I am working on a project that needs to be submitted this week.

Attached to this post is a screenshot of the problem. As you can see, some of the text is cut off and that's where the image supposedly is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Notes:

- I am using the April 2020 (21.1.2) version of Photoshop

- I have made sure that everything is on RGB and not Greyscale.

Capture 1.PNG

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020
Within the Performance tab of the Photoshop Preferences is an option called Legacy Compositing. Does changing this help?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020
Excellent. Happy to help.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you are doing masking for that layer which you have masked confirm mask first for it then drag the picture using move tool copy paste not work this way....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having the same problem but I don't understand this answer at all. Can anybody weigh in a little more clearly? Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Performance tab of the Photoshop Preferences is an option called Legacy Compositing. Does changing this help?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did! Thank you so much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Happy to help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this option has been removed as of 4 Dec 2020. Is there another way to resolve this copy-pasting-whiteness issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, but looks like this solution has been removed from the product. Any updates on fixing this or finding a quick solution?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things I did to resolve my issues:

1. Make sure you have clicked on the correct layer before copying the selection. If you haven't selected the same layer that you're wanting to copy then you will not be successful.
  2.  Break your selection down into smaller pieces for copying/pasting and group them together afterwards.

Hope this helps others who run into this issue!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try "Deactivate Native Canvas" under "Technology Previews". (Also try disabling GPU accleration under Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Use Graphics Processor. If this works, look into updating your GPU's driver or another driver.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines