• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste Not Working Correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what has gone wrong. Since updating, the Copy and Paste is not working as it should. If I have a image on the Screen in a Browser Tab, then do right click copy, when I paste in Photoshop and Select Clipboard as the size, the Clipboard size is correct, but it pastes a half sized image. its the full image, but not as big as it should be? It even does it in Photoshop as well. So let's say I have a 1,000 x 1000px image, I select 500px x 500px if it and select copy, then try and paste it as a new image, it says Clipboard 500px x 500pc, but only a half size image is pasted. The image is not cropped, its just too small?

Thx

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue. 

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible to illustrate the goings on when copy/pasting in Photoshop itself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gemma5D06, Please try checking Use Legacy "New Document" Interface in Preferences on the General tab. Is it working now? Let us know.

JainLemos_0-1655937843999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works if I use the Legacy "New Document" Interface, everything is how it should be. 

I figured out the problem,. If I Select File New, The numbers in Clipboard are correct, but the preset on the right does not update itself automatically anymore, so i I have to click on and off Clipboard. Odd Behaviour as the preset figure is not updating itself when I click Clipboard, see screenshot. 

Gem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad to hear it works for you. Yes, changing back to the Legacy New Document profile, you'll be able to use "clipboard" every time and the W/H values will reflect whatever is on your clipboard at the time. You won't see the "Preset Details" panel on the right anymore. 

JainLemos_0-1656007519704.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a bug in the new update by the looks of it, I see others are reporting the same problem I had now and its been forward to the Software Engineers.

Thx G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This workaround does the trick for me as well.

Thank you for the info, Gemma5D06.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your browser or OS has scaling active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same problem. It happens in PS 2022. In 2021 it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I workaround seems to first click in another image format and again in the first one. Doing this the image size visible in the right/top corner of the window is updated correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines