• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste selected subject

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I copy a person from one image and paste them in another?

The person has been cut out of a photo and is on a white background saved as a tif file and the image I want to add her to is a group photo saved as a jpeg.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely something that can't be done in Lightroom and needs to be done in Photoshop. I'll move to the Photoshop forum. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file format doesn't matter as such, except that you want the background transparent; not white. Jpeg does not support that, it will always turn transparent areas white. You need to do this with PSD, TIFF or PNG.

Other than that, it's just select all > copy > paste. It will paste as a new layer (and again, layers are not supported in jpeg).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try it.  

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines