• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Paste not working

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL/C, CTRL/V used to work for copying and pasting a selection onto a new layer. Now it doesn't work most of the time (but now and then it will). Copy is grayed out in the drop down menu. I can get around this by using Copy Merged, then CTRL/V, but this change interferes with my workflow. Any ideas?

Photoshop 22.5.1

Catalina v 10.15.7

3.6 GHz

32GB memory

Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

without screenshots it's impossible to know what the issue might be. If copy is greyed out, then you're probably selecting a not visible layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't figured out the problem, but I do have some additional information. Copy/Paste still doesn't work - although Copy Merged does - but if I switch from PhotoShop to any other application, then go immediately back into Photoshop, the problem is resolved. Attached are two screenshots taken seconds apart. The first shows I have an active selection on the current layer but copy/paste is grayed out. After switching to any other app then immediately back again, Copy/Paste is no longer grayed out. I am not selecting a not visible layer or an empty layer. Fortunately I can work around it, but it's still a mystery as to why PhotoShop is behaving this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines