• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted text on PDF export

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can't seem to find an answer to this new problem I've been experiencing. The text at the top of the output PDF is corrupted on export.

photoshop_error.jpg

Here's some background:

1. I am saving as PDF, high quality print. I haven't modified any other export settings.
  2. It exports to other file formats OK, such as JPG.
  3. Photoshop is updated.
  4. For whatever it's worth, the file is pretty big at 249MB.
  5. The font families are downloaded just fine.
  6. This also happens when I open a new Photoshop file, copy the same text block over, and export it into a plain PDF.

Because of that last point, I'm now wondering if I have some kind of errant default settings on my text box that are causing this to happen. Oddly enough, my text preferences for "Choose Text Engine Options" has only two options, "East Asian" and "Middle Eastern and South Asian". I'm in the U.S., so I don't quite understand that, and maybe it has something to do with this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

A work-around would be

Type > Convert to Shape

Otherwise you may want to check this out

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A work-around would be

Type > Convert to Shape

Otherwise you may want to check this out

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It looks like de-activating and re-activating the font family fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the Photoshop font cache seemed to work. If it did thank you! I have been dealing with this issue for over 3 years! I thought I had turned on/off a setting of some kind and couldn't figure it out. So I have been printing to Adobe pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For decades I exported PDFs for print etc from Photoshop with zero problems, now with Photoshop 2020 many words have their letters jumbled up. This is beyond belief. I was only forced to stop using CS5 when I upgraded my Mac. Now I have to double-check everything in the PDF too. Ridiculous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem now with my Photoshop / Adobe acrobat - all latest version (photoshop CC 23.4.1) This is really painful to work with! Convert fonts to outlines is not go for me! Did anyone has suistainable solution? 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Did you try deactivating and reactivating the font family? If so, what happened? What font is giving you trouble?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as well as deleted the Photoshop font cache. The font giving me trouble is the Akkurat font family. I have been dealing with this issue for probably 3 years, my work-around was to print to pdf. Now I don't. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sorry for super late reply. Eventually I fixed the issue with with two steps: 

1. deleted Photoshop font cache

2. deactive all active adobe fonts and installed them "hard way" to my PC. 

This helped! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines