• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could I open files made on an Intel Mac on an M1 Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a bit of a stupid question but I want to know anyways.

I have two Apple devices; an M1 MacBook Pro and an iMac Pro running Intel. I use the cloud storage, and I understand that using the cloud storage means I can sync my files and work on them from different devices but does this apply to M1 and Intel?

Like, if I were to start a photoshop file on my iMac Pro , could I save it to my cloud and open it on my M1 Mac? Or if I start a photoshop file on my iMac Pro, could I send it over to an M1 Mac user and they would be able to open the file on their end and vice versa?

I'm asking this because I'm assuming that the M1 Native Photoshop and the Intel Photoshop are different in some ways, and that a file made on one can't be opened by another.

Any replies will be appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

The files should work on either computer (and also Photoshop on Windows computers). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files should work on either computer (and also Photoshop on Windows computers). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would my M1 MacBook Pro have to run Rosetta 2 in order to open the file that was made in Intel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is animation or editing video involved? 

If not I see no immediate reason for that assumption. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No animation or video editing is involved, but thank you for your response, it has helped me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines