• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not build a preview because there is not enough memory (RAM) - Photoshop 20.0.7 Windows 10

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving the error message in the subject line. Haven't had the problem before today.

Running the latest version of Ps (20.0.7). MS Surface Book 2, Win10, Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM (there is plenty of RAM). Ps is set up to use up to 10GB of RAM. 

Trying to save a layered PSB file of 8.1GB. Had the problem earlier with a single layer TIFF of about 350MB. Have saved larger PSB files in the past. 

I know there was a problem with this a few years, and Ps versions, ago. I'm aware of a REGEDIT workaround, but that really shouldn't be necessary. 

In addition to Ps, Lr is also open as well as an Internet Browser and an email client. All of these have been open in the past and haven't had this issue. 

Have shut down Ps and restarted. Have rebooted the laptop. 

Thanks.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Whilst working on Photoshop CC 2019 comes up with error message saying "Not enough Ram memory".For the records have 16 GB of ram memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about the not enough ram error, could you please try the steps mentioned below and let us know if it helps?

On the Surface Book Type "Performance" on the search box, and click on adjust the appeareance and performance on Windows, then go to advanced.

Uncheck the automatically memory assignment and set a custom one as higher as you can.

Then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud updated Photoshop to 22.4.2 and I am now getting the same problem periodically. This is just a 57 MB file with hundreds of layers. I was able to edit it last week — and for a year before — (before the upgrade) without problems. I have to shut down Photoshop and lose any work I have done but this problem occurs randomly without warning. When the error occurs, I am unable to save as any other format. I have no add ons and my computer is unchanged for six months. The only thing that has changed is the new version of PS.

I am able to create a new file reliably with a single layer and save it. I can also open, modify, and save a file that is 440 MB with just three layers.

Does anyone have an idea of how to avoid this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines