• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not complete because of a program error

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever i select object selection tool & apply it on an image it gives me error report could not complete because of a program error pls hepl me how to sort out this problem

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Dhamu_09. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > Upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share the file with us.

Program errors could occur due to several issues related to hardware compatibility, drivers, and underlying permission issues.

Ensure Photoshop is in the default state, go to the location of the preference folder below, and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe

SameerK_0-1684658205043.png

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know if the issue exists.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your helping effort
sharing link for your ref
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/d41b6b68-4546-4191-4470-2f9a6d268913
Dharmesh N Mehta

Digital Designer

{Info redaacted}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info.

You have two GPUs on your machine. The power-saving Intel (R) HD 4600 Graphics & a descrete Nvidia GT 710. The drivers for Intel graphics are eighty months old & the Nvidia drivers are five months old. Try updating the GPU drivers, I doubt any updates will be availble for the Intel GPU.

These are older GPUs and newer features may not work as expected. Upgrading the hardware will be a way to go. For now try this:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews > enable 'Older GPU mode' & restart Photoshop. This might help how Photoshop works.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sameer K @Dhamu_09 Hi Dharmesh - neither of your GPUs meet the minimum requirement for Photoshop.

Your Intel HD 4600 is not DirectX 12 (feature level 12 or higher) and only clocks in at 460 ops/sec. Recommended mimimum is 2,000. Your Nvidia GT710 only has a speed of 594 ops/sec.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Neither of these are powerful enough to support advanced features like Object Selection. You can try changing your Object Selection option to Cloud instead of local Device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version of Photoshop?
YES
Dharmesh N Mehta

{Info redacted}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines