• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete render video command because of a problem with adobe media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone able to help?  I have been rendering short videos in photoshop CC and upon the latest update it no longer seems to work. Is it possibly my settings, or is there something wrong with the latest updates?

The photoshop version I am running is 2017.1.1

Media encoder version 2017.1.2

Below is the settings for the render:

photoshop render settings.jpeg

And here is the error message:

error media .jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

With the same OS and version of PS, and same export settings, I can't reproduce the problem. However, I don't have an external drive.

Might there be a permission problem, or low space on the drive? Can you export to a subfolder on the drive? Or export to the boot drive?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling both Photoshop and Media Encoder and am still encountering the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When does the error occur? Is it immediately after you click Render? Does the progress window appear? If so, how far does it get?

It looks like you're running on Mac - is that correct? What OS version? Where exactly is the "photos" folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Thanks for replying. 

Yes, it occurs immediately after I click Render and the progress window does not appear at all.

That is correct, I am running on a mac.  Specs are below:

Sierra Version 10.12.5

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Macintosh HD

AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB

The photo folder is located on an external drive. Actually, the photos folder is the external drive.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the same OS and version of PS, and same export settings, I can't reproduce the problem. However, I don't have an external drive.

Might there be a permission problem, or low space on the drive? Can you export to a subfolder on the drive? Or export to the boot drive?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Alan, I created a new folder within the External Hard drive and it will now export.  Seems like a strange glitch. 

I really, really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you posted this response back in 2017, but as someone who recently encountered the problem: thank you SO MUCH - you're a life saver 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this thread, it has solved my problem. I have an external G-Drive and the Render will not save the file anywhere on there, although all other 'Export' options are happy with it. It caused me a right headache uninstalling and trying lots of online support groups. If I specify the internal HD it works everytime. As you say, an annoying glitch....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, the animated sequence won't export. 

Never had this problem before, and exported files in the same way regularly in the past days. 

I tried all the suggested hints reported on this thread. 

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, did the CC cleaner stuff, reinstall everything. Still didn't work. The solution, just save the video on your desktop or any other location on your own HD instead of an external drive. That works for me now. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have spent 2 days on trying to save this even via Media Encoder and it was not. I honestly felt like i was loosing my mind. Now it saved under a different location. If i could show stars here, I would. You are a star!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it works when I change the name of the file when exporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, and turned out the file became enormous.. it was a normal file but making a video made it huge. When I made the image size of it all smaller, it went smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines