• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete request because of a program error in Photoshop on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem recently popped up for me. I have a Razer Blade 15 that I use for Premiere Pro and After Effects and DaVinci Resolve so it's not my hardware. I've been using Photoshop just fine until a couple of days ago. I'm halfway through a Photoshop course and it's teaching the 3D features when Photoshop started messing up.  I went through the steps that I googled and was able to remove the backgrounds from some pictures. I went back to working with 3D and it starts messing up again. Incidentally, my NVidia drivers just got an update this morning. What's really going ?! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Photoshop's 3D feature has not been updated to work correctly in Photoshop 2021.  You would be better off using Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.8 till  Photoshop 3D is fully updated for Photoshop 2021.  You can read some of the work around Adobe has posted for 3D in Photoshop 2021 here. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Ctrl/Cmd + K (shortcut to Preferences) > Technology Previews > check "Deactivate Native Canvas" (be sure to restart), does that help? Someone was having an issue with 3D not too long ago and this helped. Adobe is aware.

EDITED for clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick reply but that is already unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a derp.

I meant to say, "check," not "uncheck."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error. Which version of Photoshop are you using? Did the issue only start today? If yes, it may be due to the graphics drivers. You can try performing a clean install of the drivers to check if that helps.

You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 22.4.1 and, again, my drivers were just updated this morning. I launched Photoshop afterwards.

Again, the issue started a couple of days ago while I was trying to learn the 3D features from a Photoshop course I'm taking on Udemy.  I went through the steps I've seen posted on forums including going back 2 versions and the problem persisted. After a couple of reinstalls and computer restarts it somehow got corrected just long enough for me to remove the background from some pictures. When I went back to following the course it started messing up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification! Please try going to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Technology Previews & Check the option to Deactivate Native Canvas. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, please roll back to version 2020 (21.2.8) of Photoshop as suggested by JJMack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'll roll back. Thanks for taking time to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop's 3D feature has not been updated to work correctly in Photoshop 2021.  You would be better off using Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.8 till  Photoshop 3D is fully updated for Photoshop 2021.  You can read some of the work around Adobe has posted for 3D in Photoshop 2021 here. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sir I appreciate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines